Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Startling Discovery

I have made a rather concerning, startling, upsetting, bothersome discovery, which is this: though I love to think and write about DEEP topics, I don't feel all that comfortable doing so publicly. Since that is a requirement of the blogging life, I've been doing what I often do in situations where I am uncomfortable -- I ignore the problem in the hopes that it will go away.

Oddly enough, it hasn't gone away. ERL 544 continues to nag away at me, asking me just as I am about to drift off to sleep, or when I am sitting down to breakfast, or when I am listening to my husband talk to me about ... well, I'm not really sure, "What are you going to do about the blog?" Oh, that voice! It sounds just like my mother.

I have started quite a few blog posts. One was about living a spirit-filled life, another about how freaked out I am about climate change, and another about being in the world without grandparents, but I'm just not comfortable sharing them. They are too imperfect, too impotent to do my feelings justice. Since I seem stymied by this blogging topic, I feel the best course of action is to start fresh with a blog which I will actually enjoy, in all its imperfection. I hope you like it, and thanks for understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment